On 27 June 2023, culture Solutions organises a select roundtable in collaboration with MEP Mrs Salima Yenbou, on the theme of “Policy directions in EU international cultural relations, towards 2024”.
The roundtable offered a multi-stakeholder space for dialogue on the place of cultural action in the EU external policies agenda.
Thus, it gathered more than 50 key Brussels-based policy-makers, networks’ representatives and professionals from the cultural field.
EU officials from institutions like DG INTPA, DG EAC, EEAS were invited to react to the presentations given by the panel speakers.
The event was followed by informal drinks with cS friends and partners in a closeby cultural venue, Théâtre Le Rideau.
Chatham House Rule applied. culture Solutions is open to inviting participants to go on the record in its podcast episodes.
The number of seats was limited, and participation was possible by invitation only.
Roundtable: European Parliament A5G-1
- 17:45: Arrival and welcome
- 18:15 – 18:45: Panel with key speakers
- Mrs Salima Yenbou, MEP
- Mr Nacho Sánchez Amor, MEP
- Dr Mafalda Damaso, Researcher and lecturer, member of culture Solutions
- Mrs Isabelle van de Gejuchte, Policy and Research Lead, IETM
- Moderating: Dr Damien Helly, co-founder and Chair of culture Solutions
- 18:45 – 19:45: Open discussion with participants
- Taking stock: which coherence efforts have been made since 2020 to ensure increased EU funding and human capacities in EU Delegations for culture in external action? Are the results there?
- What has been the impact of the war in Ukraine on the implementation of the EU international cultural relations agenda?
- What should be the priorities of the next European Parliament, Council and Commission in the field of EU international cultural relations for 2024-2029?
Informal drinks: Le Rideau de Bruxelles, Rue Goffart 7a
- 20:00 – 22:00: Networking drinks with friends and partners
Mrs Salima Yenbou, MEP, Renew Europe Group
Member of Committee on Foreign Affairs, Committee on Culture and Education, Subcommittee on Human Rights. Raporteur – REPORT on the implementation of the New European Agenda for Culture and the EU Strategy for International Cultural Relations. Sponsor of the roundtable.
Mr Nacho Sánchez Amor, MEP, Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats
Member of Committee on Foreign Affairs, Subcommittee on Human Rights, Committee on Legal Affairs. Raporteur – OPINION on the implementation of the New European Agenda for Culture and the EU Strategy for International Cultural Relations.
Dr Mafalda Damaso, Researcher and lecturer, Erasmus University Rotterdam and culture Solutions
Policy expert, researcher and lecturer with 13 years of European experience in EU affairs, policymaking, research design and management, gained in think tanks, academia and cultural organisations. Working as an academic and as an independent consultant.
Mrs Isabelle van de Gejuchte, Policy and Research Manager, IETM
Responsible for designing, coordinating, and supervising the policy and research work of IETM. Extensive experience in cultural relations, policy development, international project management focusing in the intersections between arts and education, sustainable development and social inclusion.