Policy directions in EU international cultural relations, towards 2024
On 27 June 2023, culture Solutions is organising a select roundtable in collaboration with MEP Mrs Salima Yenbou, on the theme of “Policy directions in EU international cultural relations, towards 2024”.
The roundtable aims at offering a multi-stakeholder space for dialogue on the place of cultural action in the EU external policies agenda. Thus, it will gather key Brussels-based policy-makers, networks’ representatives and professionals. EU officials will be invited to react to the presentations given in the panel.
The event will be followed by informal drinks with cS friends and partners in a closeby cultural venue, Théâtre Le Rideau.
The number of seats is limited, and participation is possible by invitation only. Please register to attend through the form below by 10 June. A reserve list may be established.
Chatham House Rules apply. culture Solutions is open to inviting participants to go on the record in its podcast episodes.
Do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Roundtable: European Parliament A5G-1
- 17:00: Arrival and welcome
- 17:30 – 18:10: Panel with key speakers
- Mrs Salima Yenbou, MEP
- Mr Nacho Sánchez Amor, MEP
- Dr Mafalda Damaso, Researcher and lecturer, member of culture Solutions
- Isabelle van de Gejuchte, Policy and Research Manager, IETM
- Moderating: Damien Helly, co-founder and Chair of culture Solutions
- 18:10 – 19:30: Open discussion with participants
- Taking stock: which coherence efforts have been made since 2020 to ensure increased EU funding and human capacities in EU Delegations for culture in external action? Are the results there?
- What has been the impact of the war in Ukraine on the implementation of the EU international cultural relations agenda?
- What should be the priorities of the next European Parliament, Council and Commission in the field of EU international cultural relations for 2024-2029?
Informal drinks: Le Rideau de Bruxelles, Rue Goffart 7a
- 19:45 – 22:00: Networking drinks with friends and partners